- We don't have to have every new tool that comes out. I have so many tools and gadgets that I have never used. Mostly because "out of site out of mind". My goal with this organizing round is to put those tools and gadgets where I can see them so I can use them.
- More is not better. I have so much PAPER that I could not buy any for the next 5 years and I could scrap everyday and not run out. So right now paper does not excite me at all. The only paper I will be interested in, in the next two years is Graphic 45, because once that is gone you can't find it anymore. I am so loving French Country.
- Use it...It USED to be so hard to use some of my scrap things. I was afraid I would have a different or better picture to use it with. NO more. If it works for that layout, I will use it, even if I only need one of the two sheets for the project. NO MORE SAVING.
- Get Busy. I love learning new techniques and have so loved learning the 3-D or 2-D projects of artists like Kathy Orta, Jim the Gentleman Crafter and Laura Denison. And I will continue to do those projects. But I have had a bad habit of not putting pictures in the completed projects. I will now put pictures in them.
- It is ok to have empty containers. I have emptied so many paper containers in this process, and have learned, they can stay empty. For now, I will just put completed pages in them until I transfer the pages to albums, which i already need to do. LOL
- Share...there are lots of people and organizations that could really use some of the stuff I have, that I am not using and have little plans on using. I tend to already use a lot of it for my church and our library need to expand a little. And maybe even sell a few items.
- Simplify... Everything does not have to be so detailed. I have always been such a detailed scrapbooker that pages tend to take me a little longer and have several raised elements. It is ok to go simple. Probably the best rule I have learned since doing the 2-D and 3-D projects. Sometimes simple is best.
- Start Creating
- Start Scrapping
- Get Busy Now.
Monday, March 4, 2013
I have been so busy organizing that I have not had any time to create. I am so anxious to get back to creating. I have learned some lessons during this process.