Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Vintage Camera with Mini

I started on this camera project at a Notorious Scrapaholics weekend crop and have not had time to finish the mini album that goes inside.  This is one of Kathy Orta's  patterns.  She is an amazing artist and I love that her instructions are easy to follow.  Check out her website at www.paperphenomenon.blogspot.com.  I finished the camera as shown here.
I plan on replacing the picture in the front with a picture of my mom.  I did not glue the face on so I would be able to change out the picture.
This is a side view of the camera.  Those bellows were interesting to make, but I like how they turned out.  The graphic 45 metal plates really do a lot to make the camera look vintage.  The metal plate on the top front of camera is a paper holder that you buy from an office supply store.  That just goes to show that scrapping items can be found just about any where.  My friend Kisha has added to  my understanding of that.
This is the back of the camera.  The D-ring is what holds it closed.  I love the handle.  Instead of chipboard I used grunge paper.  I have so much of it, thanks to Tuesday Morning, that I decided I would use that instead of the chipboard the pattern called for.
This is the album.  It is not finished so I will share just a couple of the pages.  I plan on finishing the album and adding pictures this week.  Yes, I pieced together the polk a dot piece of paper in the frame.  I figured it won't matter once I put a picture in it.  Can't embellish the front too much, otherwise it won't fit. Put I will probably add some bling, some lace or some feathers. 
This is the inside cover and the first tag page.  Love Graphic 45 paper.  It gives you so many things you can fussy cut to add dimension to your pages.  For a long time I thought I could not scrap without my cricut.  Graphic 45 paper needs no extra embellishments.  But because I like dimension, you will see later how I added doilies and feathers and bling.
This is the back of the tag page and the next page.  The round postage cancellation is actually a tag that fits between the pages.  When the album is complete I will show the details of the page.  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment