Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Whirlwind Trip

I took a long weekend to go see my Grandmother.  It was her church's Friends and Family Day.  I took the time to go also, because my brother and his new wife were going to be in attendance.  It was a great weekend.  Tiring, but great.  My friend from church Rebecca went with me.  I am so appreciative of her riding with me, because my kids had basketball games, they did not want to miss.

This is my 96 year old Grandmother.  Yes, she has a cane, but she does not use it.  She takes it so my aunt doesn't fuss.  She swings the cane. LOL.  She still cooks all her own meals and does her own laundry.  She is an amazing woman.  She had more than 200 grandchildren, great grandchildren, great great grandchildren, and great, great great grandchildren.   There are at least 5 generations of us walking around because of this amazing woman.   
This is my brother, Oscar.  It has been several years since we have been able to get together.  I am so happy that we both made the trip to Mesic, NC this past weekend.  He is older and I do like to rub it in.  He is only 11 months older, but every little bit helps.  LOL

This is my new sister-in-law, Lorraine.  Love her.  My brother and she dated over 30 years ago, and found each other again and are now married.  Young love.  Love the newlyweds.

This is my NC family.  My sister, her husband, my brother and his wife, my nieces and great nieces.  It was really nice seeing them all.   I must confess, normally when I go to NC, I spend all my time with my grandmother and don't take time to see my other kinfolk.  I must do better.  I really enjoyed them all.  Wish I had more time to spend with them.
For some reason, I really love this picture.  Maybe because Tiere is in it.  That is my great nephew on the end.  He has been really good at keeping in touch with me.   Thanks Nephew.  Love you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment