Friday, May 23, 2014

Adhesive Station

I am so bad at keeping up with my blog, but I had someone on a facebook page ask about a project I did to store my adhesive while scrapbooking.  This was a huge experiment for me, but I love how it came out.  My first thougtht was that I had these three varying size containers that I stored my extra adhesive in.  I wanted to be able to sit my adhesive station on top of it at crops. 

 
This is the plastic container that I was basing my project on.  The lid is recessed, so I made the base of my stand to sit on of it.  I cut a piece of foam core board the size of the largest container as shown in the picture and then cut out the shape.  I then added another foam core board on top to create a flat surface for the adhesive station.
 
Here is a side view of the station.  The black boxes were made using basic construction. You can look at my tissue box for basic construction guide.  Keep in mind, I created this as I went.  There was no original rhyme or reason.  I knew what adhesive guns I wanted to put on it.  The tall box, of course holds glue sticks and the other two hold the refills for the other guns.  I made lids for the purpose of transport.  I also have a piece of nonmelt rubber that sits between the hot glue gun and the glue sticks.

Here is a picture of the boxes open.  The boxes hold enough spare adhesive for a weekend crop and beyond.

On this side view, you get a sense of how the guns are mounted.  I created an "H" with depth.  I had a friend use this as inspiration and she went and purchased paper mache boxes for the refills and the letter H in paper mache. 

Her is the support for the adhesives.  Once the H's were completed, I did not want the gun sliding around, So I added a resting spot.  The ATG gun has a piece of toilet tissue roll, and the other two just have some small boxes created to rest in.  The toilet tissue holder was still wrapped in chipboard for strenghth..  Please note that chipboard only forms a circle in one direction, so check the rolling ability before cutting.

I then added some more tissue holders for my Scotch quick dry and other bottle adhesive.  On these I only added chipboard to the top and bottom of the roll to add strength.

More views.


If you decide to tackle something like this, and run into any problems, please feel free to contact me, I will help in any way I can. (other than making it for you :) )
Material Used:
Foam Core Board - Base
Chipboard - Boxes, Lids, "H" stands
Tissue Rolls: round storage, and docking for gun.
Score Tape/Scrappy Tape, Scotch Quick Dry
Black paint,
Paper to Decorate:  I have since changed the paper to Zebra print

No comments:

Post a Comment